POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Poser 5 tests - Dynamic cloth & Judy character (2 x 80 kbu) : Re: First Poser 5 tests - Dynamic cloth & Judy character (2 x 80 kbu) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Poser 5 tests - Dynamic cloth & Judy character (2 x 80 kbu)
From: Ive
Date: 5 Oct 2002 11:37:17
Message: <3d9f072d$1@news.povray.org>
I like the lighting in the second image very much and well, Judy does not look
so bad after all.
BUT, after havin' played a little more with Poser 5 I am disappointed.
There are still the old, well known problems with conforming clothes. Body
parts are showing through the clothes even when using standard poses and you
still have to waste hours with fine tuning. Body parts are unnaturally deformed
also even with some of the default poses and for sure with more extreme
(but natural) poses. Some poses look definitely better when using good ol'
Vicky (at least you can be thankful that she does still work). I have now
three more or less incompatible figures (including textures, hair and cloth props):
P4 male/female, DAZ Vicky/Micky (not part of the Poser destribution, you
have to buy them seperately from DAZ3D) and P5 Don/Judy and that does
not make life much easier.

The only thing I really appreciate are the new dynamic clothes and the cloth room.
I have also worked a little more on the P5 dynamic hair conversion to POV-
primitives  (this would be one more plus for Poser 5) but in the moment I'm
not sure if this it will ever work as expected. I assume that the Poser FireFly
render engine does some special *tricks* with the hair, and  this can not be
reproduced with POV. Not sure, but I will keep up workin' on this.
For me, Poser is still something like a "toy-software", and a quite expensive one.

And the default cat is also as ugly as ever.

-Ive